First published in 1954, Das Auge der Liebe (The Eye of Love) by the Swiss photographer René Groebli is a small book featuring images that were made during the honeymoon with his wife Rita in France.
In Groebli`s own words: «I tried to convey the typical atmosphere of French hotel rooms. There were so many impressions: the poor-looking furniture in a cheap hotel, the word `Amors` embroidered on the curtains. And I was in love with the girl, the girl who was my wife. I think a series of photographs should be compared with a novel or even a poem rather than a painting: let us tell something!»
• Published at Sturm&Drang, 2020.
• Limited Edition of 1000 copies.
• New extended re-edition of the original 1954 book.
• With glassine wrapped cover and with five additional images chosen by the photographer.
• 48 pages, 30 tri-tone pictures
• Format 21 x 29.7 cm
• With a text by Katrin Matschenz (in German)
• ISBN: 978-0-9848202-5-2
PRICE SIGNED: 65 CHF